The need for a guardianship can come up in two main circumstances: minor children and incapacitated adults.

Minor Children: Both a full or a limited guardianship can result when a parent voluntarily give a third party (friend or relative) temporary rights and custody over their child or can be the result abandonment, abuse or even the death of a parent. Figuring out what is best for your family is stressful. Let us help. Call our office for a consultation.

Adults: Guardianships over an adult can be the result of developmental disabilities, physical injury or a mental incapacity. The process to get a guardianship over an adult requires a medical professional’s opinion of incapacitation. Incapacitation, legally, means the person is not capable of making decisions for themselves. The legal proceeding can be complicated for a person unfamiliar with the process so call our office for a consultation today.

Practice Areas

Full service law firm located in Clare County. Handling matters all across Mid Michigan.


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.